Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Another little something before bedtime:

As we all know: being a Queen-fan, one must have access to almost every single photoshoot the fabulous four ever took part in. And they did a lot of them, to put it mildly. Anyway, it IS a fact that some of the sessions were damn good and some of them weren't...THAT good. Queen is, I believe, the only band capable of creating only completely superb or completely horrid photoshoots. Nothing in between, nothing mediocre. It's impressive! Take the "News of the World"-promo, for instance. Pure and absolute brilliance. And then this 70's-classic-circus-thingy from which there exist no useful images whatsoever. Even more impressive! So; however much I adore Queen, I do realize - and admit - that some pictures that were taken of them are barely viewable today. I mean, to the common eye. The...unconsecrated, or something remotely similar. For then again, these "lost" faces in a way makes me love mye cutie-Queenies even more. I've got clips from (almost) all their photoshoots and I can watch slideshows of them over and over and over again and it doesn't hurt my eyeballs the slightest bit and curse whomever thinks differently!!!

Helpless, that's what I am, BEYOND helpless. And I love it!

Anyways. Just though I'd mention this. Also, it substantiates the argument that Queen is a band you either love or hate, you can't stay indifferent. Not for long. And my love is an ever-lasting devotion which I hold very dear and will never depart from, as previously stated. With not a flicker of a shadow of a glimpse of doubt.

(Is this a kind of hinting forward to an upcoming post? Hmmm...likely. I do that a lot these days, now, don't I? Keeping you excited, is it? Yeah...? Yeah? YEAH?! Haha...oh well...Being secretive is an art of moderation. At giving away information.)

"If you're not on the edge of your seat, you'll be hiding behind it!"

No comments: