Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Gratitude...and important aspects of my life.

Sometimes I just feel it appropriate with an exclamation of thankfullness...
(Les; dedikasjoner! Noen som kan erindre Hildes norskstiler...?)
And today was such a day. This thing ended up more like a summary of masterpieces, though, but I hope the list still lives up to the orginal intensions...

In short, I wanna thank the following;

To Kate Chopin, long gone but hopefully not forgotten...Thanks for providing fond readers all over the globe with your unparalleled masterpiece in American realism; "The Awakening". I love, love, love, love that book... Not more than I love "Buzz Aldrin..." or "Mrs. Dalloway" or "Call from the wild" (which you guys probably know by now that are my favourite books...! Hehe...) But that story...oh my God...Edna Pontellier, I felt sorry for her beyond belief...what a wonderful personality! What a wonderful woman! Yes, what an indeed wonderful character... Doesn't feeling such sympathy for a fictional person make you just absorbed in happiness? That's what it's like for me, anyway!

To Russel T. Davies, who gave us back Doctor Who, and to Christopher Eccleston who made the Doctor really come alive...for the first time in many years...and who gave him that particular look; the attitude, mind, heart & soul which won't ever be copied properly by anyone, and let's all be happy for that. No-one quite like you, Chris! :)

To two great bands; first off, Scissor Sisters, the only contemporary, international band in the world to have understood how to follow up first-album-masterpieces in a proper way. The only "problem" is, I DO feel like dancing...! And to Briskeby, the best Norwegian band in the world. I've had the pleasure to watch them play LIVE now, finally. SUPERB. Lise Karlsnes is the best...female vocalist...ever...

And then, finally, to the best MALE vocalist ever ever ever, and his band: I'd like to thank Queen, because I always feel the need to thank Queen. Simply because I always have and always will love Queen more than any other group of musicians in the UNIVERSE. And Brian May deserves a thanks as well, simply because he's so smart and has so much respect for nature, people and the divinity of great music. There is one true fact in my world of thought; Queen has never made a bad album. On the contrary I would say that all of Queen's album are masterpieces in their own fashion. And - Brian May is a hero, of whom his fans can be proud. It's an exceptionally good thing, adoring Mr. May!

And that's about it. I should perhaps thank Gerry for being Gerry, but you know - that's kinda obvious. Kinda - it's a given. Hehe. (That was Gerry BUTLER, by the way. Also called GERARD BUTLER...Star of Phantom of the Opera...just thought I oughta mention it...!)

Ciao, folks!

No comments: