Monday, September 11, 2006

Two recommendations!

1. An ingenious quote from a story which at times was a bit lame, yet had a slight touch of elegance to it, which I couldn't resist: "Daisy Miller: A study" by Henry James. Ok, so dear old Henry and I share the same initials, a love for the urbane and the above-mentioned elegant - and a partiality to sceneries reminiscent of "Sound of Music"! - but in addition to this, the story was also (to a certain extent) quite interesting. Another aspect of quality was that it reminded me of "A good woman"; a movie featuring, quite simply, the best actress in the world - Scarlett Johansson. (You may disagree, but I'm right.) Anyway, there was a statement made by the title character Daisy, which alone made the reading worth-while: "I have never allowed a gentleman to dictate to me, or to interfere with anything I do." Got that, you over-protective fools??? Hahaha!

2. The song "School" by Supertramp. Listen to that unbelievably fantastic harmonica-opening, and you'll understand why Once Upon A Time In The West still maintains its ardent imprint on my heart... Nothing compares to the cool-ness of a western-film fellow with a harmonica 'round his neck! ;)

No comments: