Thursday, June 07, 2007

Intermission

Everybody needs a break. A pause. Some restoring peace, quiet and relaxation. I am, thus, currently enjoying my summer holidays and watching life go by pretty idly. In this context, however, "idle" doesn't mean I'm all that passive - just very calm and summer-easeful. I am also enjoying various related activities, such as sun-bathing, blockbusters ("Pirates" exceeded all my expectations - it was funny, original, overwhelming, overblown (of course), way-over-the-edge and hence unfathomably costly thing - I mean, they even called it "World's End" - probably as an indicator of box office rates and effects-and-other-records-breaking outdoing themselves and everyone else's as well!) and summer music (Sophie Ellis-Bextor's new album is absolutely brilliant, and as a long-time fan I can only say I'm proud and that she delivered what we expected. Superduper job, Sophie!) and summer food, weather, atmosphere; warm, bee-buzzing, still, pollen-filled air of early June. Lovely. And - most expectations fulfilled. Every reason to be...reasonably content. At least. And Saturday gives us the next chapter of the beloved Doctor Who, which we all look forward to A LOT - mostly because of the upswing following the fantastic two-parter we were recently presented with, and the prospects of watching Steven Moffat work his magic again as he now returns to the series as a scriptwriter. Apart from this, though; the whole idea of a Doctor-lite episode makes me a bit sceptical-ish, of course, but it should be a safe bet in the hands of our favourite historical-who creator. Who could forget the drunk-Doctor reel or the Glenn Miller-dancing sequence? Good man! :)

Anyways, when on holiday I take some pleasure in being slightly absent from internet surfing and other normal weekday-habits, a serious change in routines for once, consequently not working and writing that much and allowing myself to be a little less up to date and effetive instead. Wonderful, for the moment. After all, I'm trying to relax my brain too - and as a result, which is why this would concern those of you whom I call readers; I might not update my blog that often. Just like Brian May, for that matter, who hasn't written an entry since early May. Oh well, as long as the projects keeping him from doing so includes the new Queen album and a PhD, we fans can't really complain. I want to sit here and listen to the sounds of summer and feel the heat which doesn't scorn. It burns a bit - my shoulders are pretty red now, making me into something that is strikingly resembling a lobster - but it doesn't bite. I'm at ease, really, I am. And I love it. Can I just say? - I love it!

No comments: