Friday, June 15, 2007

Summertime Loving

No updates for the past 8 days. Think that must be my longest period of absence ever. Well well, summer holidays doesn't happen every day - a proper reason, I suppose, to stay away for a wee while! Still, to quote Bryan Ferry, "since we last met" not much has happened. Not really. Life is quiet and sunny and relaxed. Have been travelling a bit and visitied my family's cottage up in the mountains. And my "old home", which seemed kind of strange but also very nice. Feeling somewhat out of place at the only place where I should feel truly...at home. I guess. But moving out probably tends to have such an effect, on everyone, and returning there is always a genuinely pleasant experience despite the slightly awkward undertones. Regarding the mountains, I enjoyed the typical, magnificent season-atmosphere with the last snow slowly melting away and the smell of fresh flowers and the cold warmth of wind and sun. Took 150 photos and thanked heavens for my digital camera. Deletebuttons are superconvenient. But I got rather carried away as we were driving from Oslo to Bergen and the scenery was just unfolding its unbelievable beauty before my overwhelmingly impressed eyes. Did I mention I adore Norwegian fiords? And okay, as for the shopping-factor, I have indeed bought above-mentioned Bryan Ferry's album "Let's stick together" and thus completed my Ferry/Roxy Music collection. Can't believe I own everything they've ever made. But I sure do and it's wonderful. I have, moreover, watched "Blink" and (consequently) completely freaked out at some statues in Bergen centre. They're scaaaary. And they haven't even got wings. I have a strong feeling I saw one of them move. I'm counting down to the return of Captain Jack now, as well, and that is Mister Barrowman not Mister Depp! Luv both my Captains, though! Realized the other day, while searching around the net looking for pics of Hunky Harkness, that he has actually starred in a musical (presumably west end) production of Phantom of the Opera (!!!); unfortunately not as the Phantom but as Raoul. A pity, because it would make the whole choice vastly more difficult. Increase the torment for all participants, so to speak. Patrick Wilson was extremely dull and everyone was cheering for Gerry. Of course. But this guy has a cleft chin and starry eyes and fab abs - oh, fab body in general! And, I mean, he's Scottish! One Scot's hard enough - but two?! Torn between and torn apart... Would have felt very sorry for Christine! On the other hand, it's just awesome with further connections linking my two greatest passions. Plus, blimey! John Barrowman can sing! What upsets me, however, is his statements about working with Chris Eccleston - compared to David Tennant. Naturally he was asked by the papers how he felt about the change in Doctors since he was part of the original (series one) cast. Which is, of course, why I am so particularly pleased that he's back. He stated that he thought Chris was "very quiet, very serious" - as opposed to David who was much more fun and relaxed. He claimed that the two of them were a good combination because he (John) was nuts and David was silly. Cute, but a bit sad. The whole Chris-era has become a complicated thing to remember, because not only was he a dark Time Lord, he had a bit of that darkness in him as a private individual too. He's a brilliant actor, that's for certain, but I reckon he could cheer up a little. And apparently, his co-stars think so too. But to preserve his skills and role interpretation qualities, maybe he has to sacrifice something on the socializing side? After all, I will remember him as the best Doctor in history. No doubt! And rumous has it that although his character was partially written out of the show, Chris MIGHT appear in future episodes of "Heroes"! Isn't that just lovely; as old epochs come to an end, you get new things to look forward to. Continuously. I suddenly found out that Bryan Ferry's new album, "Dylanesque", is NOT in my collection! Whey! Have a great next week, everyone, and cherish the (summer) moments.

No comments: