Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A little something about belief

"Must believe"
by Scaramouche, the po(t)et

[a(nother) poem about faith...
and not necessarily of the religious kind...]

People often tend to tell me what I should do
and what is never wise for me to attend to
Their eyes are always kind, but lying deep inside
their smiles so glittering, but fake, although they tried

And if there's no tomorrow
If yesterday was just a dream
And deja vû's are my illusions
There's nothing such as the supreme

And there's nothing left to believe

People often tend to give me advice and counsel
But don't go climbing up, I'm not like Rapunzel
Your intentions may be very kind, yet I'll be fine
I'll stick to what I know; mistakes I make that're mine

For if there's no tomorrow
and yesterdays fade into dreams
Deja vû's are vague illusoions
Nothing is just what it seems

Still, for me, there must be something left to believe

So you can say there's no tomorrow
and yesterdays come never more
Deja vû's are program failures
I've heard it many times before

For me, if there is anything, it's what I believe
And that's the only thing that I believe in

No comments: