Monday, December 17, 2007

Packing for traditions

Another personal rendition of (yet) another classic christmas tune. I am indeed mocking up the holidays. Although this is not actually a song, this is more like free verse. Starting and stopping at no particular place of time or tune, just continuous and quite impatient babble from an eager Po(t)et. For, I'm so utterly anxious (again! keep being anxious these days - no wonder?) about the rest of the week, and the next week of course, the many special days to come. And soon, I will be flying home for Christmas. Packing first - but, yeah, can't wait to see those faces. Meeting me at the airport with Billie Piper honours the Fourth Doctor-length scarves and back-to-childhood bearhugs. All the fuss, the glitters, gold and trees with presents underneath; all this awaiting me. The candles and the snowy fields, the good old Christmas soundtracks and the sleigh rides. I feel I'm slowly getting into the right mood, so to speak, the condition of anticipation. That certain chill, the tickling down my spine, that says something extraordinary's on the way. It's bizarre, with all these traditions, how we never tire of them. I'm sure I could celebrate Christmas every month, I love it so much. And I have no problem with always looking forward to it. The same things every year; the expected incidents and predicted events, the same films, the same songs; and yet, it doesn't matter. We're not so different now, from when we were babies, are we? Oh, these glorious, problem-free ages when our mothers could do the "mommy's gone, mommy's there, where's mommy?"-game over and over again, and we laughed just as hard every single time. I recognize it. I recognize the sensation; in my body, in my soul, from head to toes; and it's a return - to all the blissful eras I shouldn't remember but funnily enough believe I do. Nail-bitingly happy about the long-awaited season. I could repeat that over and over again, and it seems to be my only occupation these days. I'm a little stuck with Christmas, somehow. An ever-turning loop of repetitous squee, just a bit like watching "Doctor Who", but who could blame me? Leaving on a plane tomorrow evening, my bags all filled up with surprises - and some practical items; have been pondering for ages, I've made lists of needs; planning, packing and writing in turns - and most of all I just want the transport to another state of mind. This grand, old trip across the rooftops - literally - and it's gonna take some hours, but I'll be there. Coming home for Christmas, once again.

And, moreover: Apart from packing, I've also completed the DW-calendar's Dalek-game today. All twelve levels, I eventually got pretty pissed. Not that it wasn't entertaining, but after the 9 first sets, you just wanted it to end. Some of them were ridiculously difficult too, and the Dalek isn't the most flexible first-hand player in Time and Space. But cool to be in control of one's own villain, no doubt! Anyways, when finished, I did get my fabulous reward - identical with the one I got for the companion quiz; an exclusive behind-the-scenes peak of "Voyage of the Damned"! Hurray...or maybe a little disappointing, yeah? However, a very cute picture this time - of David and Kylie together - and so secret and well-earnt, I decided to post it here for everyone to see. Happy Holidays-to-come, to the lot of you, and remember to watch the Christmas Überspecial on the 25th! ;) Copyright the BBC, I'm sure - in fact, this is the closest I'll ever get to proper picture stealing. Grab and go. Well, run. They do look lovely together, though, and I hope the Beeb will pardon my insolence. It is Christmas (soon), after all. I says; thank you!

[David Tennant (The Doctor) in close conversation with Kylie Minogue (Astrid Perth), planning an attack on the Evil Angels - perhaps? Regardless the circumstances, me is looking forward to seeing this coupling on-screen! Very much!]

1 comment:

elgen said...

Kylie og David ser virkelig godt ut sammen. ;-)