Friday, December 14, 2007

Up Against the Wallies

I spent all of yesterday (apart from some cookie making and Lebkuchen-eating with a friend) making wallpapers with the help of the newest love of my geeky life, PhotoShop, trying to teach myself some new functions and techniques. Got quite frustrated, since I realized I have too few (!) "Doctor Who"-pictures to work with. Yup, for your information, DW screencap's comes in pretty handy as excercise material. That's why I need more than 3000 of them, as well. Trying hard to justify that load of gigabyte-eating pixels, continuously, and I do have an extra hard disk that makes it somewhat less inconvenient. Also, the beauty of it all! I need no beautysleep as long as I acquire my daily, instant dosis of alarmingly handsome Doctor faces, from the Series 2 photo shoots. Lol. Fangirling, etc etc. None of these fit my design for the perfect wallie, however, so the following publications are - in other words - not the ultimate results that they could have become, potentially speaking, but I didn't bother searching through Tragical History Tour (or the likes) for more pic's and decided to use some old and well-working ones instead. These are pretty soppy and shippy and very much open for further editing. Not complete, as far as I'm concerned, but I decided to post them nonetheless. Mostly as proof that I have actually been doing something sensible in the latter days. Doesn't get any more direct than this:

The big "remember us; the times we had, the way we were"-wallpaper:

[Copyright: Scaramouche Tyler, all rights served. PhotoShopped and stuff, very proud of my newly found ability to edit blend modes. Which, thus, was slightly overused. Also, note David Tennant's incredibly stylish James Bond-look. No wonder he's stated that he wants to play the secret agent, once, "or maybe rather a villain". I don't know what would be better. Literally speaking. In fact, this pic was taken from the "Bond-ish" scene in "The Lazarus Experiment". Other pic's from episodes 1.1., 1.2, 2.1 and - of course - angsty details from 2.13. Thanks to The Beeb, Time and Space and Imaginary Hero for many insightful tips, from a while ago. The inserted text lines are taken from my recent poem, from the Biggest Ever tenth edition of Po(t)etens Oppdrag, about The Doctor missing Rose. (What else.) The huge title in the middle is, of course, taken from the Queen song by the same name.]

...and the one that says SPOILER, then: AWWWWWW!!!

[Copyright: Scaramouche Tyler, all rights served. This is a very simple thing that I made in honour of Catherine and Billie's reappearances in Series 4, as Donna Noble and Rose Tyler, respectively. I love both actresses, with a passion, and I can't wait to see them on-screen together! Meanwhile, have to make the time fly, by counting down to the big event with fandom-infected dedications like this. Billie-pic's taken from DailyMail, actually, who just couldn't resist (fortunately!) publishing these nice behind-the-scenes shots of her on set in Cardiff. Did I mention I don't hate spoilers? I'm one of those sad stories who try to find out as much as I can, beforehand, because I want happy endings to look forward to. That's the bottom line. Consequently, my God, I fear the upcoming episodes of WHO. But this wallie at least leaves a decent promise of utter sweetness yet to be seen! Billie looks adorable, and I love Catherine's shirt. The writings are all mine, albeitvery cliché, and the star-thing was something I added as a very last touch - and which I've come to like the best about the whole thing.]

And last, some headers to go along with the rest of the themed products:

[Copyright: Scaramouche Tyler, all rights served. I love my texturizer! Actually, the last one was also made on a whim - and it seems, that's the way I work best (with PhotoShop) and the choices I make really really quick procure the best results. Shouldn't have thought so, since I am a very indecisive kind of person; who always go over things thirteen times, nitpicking, before I'm finished; but, strange as it might seem, I keep learning my PS tricks by chance, developing skills unwittingly and succeeding quite by accident. About the same way I suppose Rose will find herself thrown back into the arms of The Doctor. Chance Reuinion, sounds good to me!]

No comments: