Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dedications

(This is another poem on request! My study-friends asked me if I could write a poem inspired by them or something they like. And; just picking a random topic this first time, here follows a poem which is at one hand a very personal one, written in honour of a man whom I adore, but which could also apply to multiple others; for instance some particular idols, sport-wise and music-related, adored by (yep!) my study-friends. Not that the [*]-marks denote a change of rhythm. Hope you guys like it!)

"Eternal devotion!" - for G.
By Scarmouche, the po(t)et, true and loyal fan of The Butler!

Traces of an old affair, they linger
out the corner of my waking eye

Sometimes I find myself in wonder;
I can't escape, I don't know why

He crossed my way, by accident,
or so it seemed, I don't know how

But I tighten up, when he's on-screen
When that man cries; my tears, too, flow

*
And now others hardly match up to his ideal;
in comparison they all turn grey, instead

Every other boy is a puddle to avoid, next to him,
and if he were here, I would have said;

*
There can be only one, of all
And one is quite
sufficent

Seeing that the one is him,
Hence I won't be
reluctant

If he should one day
come to me, sincere, and ask
for my hand

I'm almost scared to say I'd be
just proud to call him
"my man" (!) - LOL!

*
'Cause

I would die for a smile
I would kill for a look
My imaginations so real;
Yet, I illusions betook
Embarked on a journey I
never knew where would lead
I wasn't prepared
Here I'm captured, no plead

I see there's a distance
One can't overcome
For below him there's many
But above him there's none
As for myself, I am longing
I'm a dreamer, resigned
Fandom's frustrating
Once you are aligned

*
If our paths intersect not now,
I'll be waiting persistently on
and forever

For a "no" is a "maybe"
and I don't believe "ever"
is an equivalent truthful for "never"

*
Thus round the corner,
my eyes catch
a glimpse, perhaps,
of this bloke

He's far out of my reach, for sure
but still, I smile,
let me hope!


Written with a certain sense of self-irony, I must confess. And stress. No worries, Gerry, I won't come and kidnap you or anything. I promise! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeg som kjenner poeten, er ikke helt sikker på at de siste linjene er helt troverdige...og diktet det treffer helt sikkert mange..og godt er det - vi trenger drømmer.

Tonje Elin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tonje Elin said...

du er så flink Hilde.
Kjempefint dikt ;)
Føler at det passer litt for meg når det gjelder mine følelser/tanker (vet ikke helt hva jeg skal kalle det) for en viss Mr. Groban ;)