Tuesday, November 27, 2007

QUITE RIGHT, TOO! :)

YOU ARE HEREBY WARNED: THIS IS GENUINELY SPOILER-FILLED FAN DROODLE!! If you don't want to know anything about Doctor Who Series 4, for the moment, then skip this post, stop reading, go away!

As for myself, here's the big (or)deal: Oh My God, BBC!!! You are seriously killing me! First "Jane Eyre", all weee and hop-a-long, and now this?! I am trying to prepare my exams, I am trying to concentrate, I am trying really hard to READ; and guess what you're doing to me! Starting off this morning with the heaviest speculations yet, after some fan-photos from yesterday's filming session in Cardiff revealed an unexpected, but very very welcome guest star, and suddenly - everything fell into place! Then, immense chitchatting over at the DW-boards, manic research, various articles about schemings and plottings, in the papers, and eventually: the official confirmation. Hello, guys - I am trying to be focused and dedicated, I am reading the most boring shite in the world, I log on to the net and open news sites to have a break, a moment of relaxation, and you give me - this:

Daily Mail, The Mirror
Time&Chips
BBC - official statement
Doctor Who-site reports
Billie-Piper.net (headlines)
David-Tennant.com (headlines, and including brand new promo pic from "New Earth"!)

Massive shock! Heart attack! Hysteria!!! It's on the radio, it's on the telly, it's all over the papers, and I am absorbed, I'm so eager for it to be true, I'm so eager to have these expectations fulfilled, and they'd better not spoil it! I am a poor fangirl, that's all, I don't know if my heart can handle this whole thing! I've only got one, as opposed to The Doctor, I'm not sure if the amount of glee this is producing is quite healthy for me. And it sure isn't any good for my studies. See, my professors don't even watch Doctor Who, far less admire Billie Piper, and they couldn't care less if I lose sleep and can't complete my papers because BILLIE PIPER'S COMING BACK TO DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!! FOR NO LESS THAN THREE EPISODES!!!!! Also, my neighbours don't like loud shouting and running feet in the corridors, and my friends don't like random, annoying phone calls with loads of inconsistent babble - mind you. But apart from that all I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Especially to Billie's mum, who apparantly was the one to finally convince her to get her ass back in proper business. Hurray! Wise woman! What a treat - on an ordinary Tuesday. I am officially flabbergasted!! And then, later, after trying hard to calm down and think clearly: there are so many ideas, so many wishes, so many teary-eyed requests; where should they possibly start? The gang of fans hold such an extreme load of demands and storylines they want to see, there are so many potential let-downs and disappointments and possibilities of ruining the whole story arc, to mess up everything - I do not trust Russel T. Davies one second! - but it can also be the greatest event ever in history, on television, and I can't help looking forward to it, more than I've ever been looking forward to anything, on television, so anxious I can hardly breathe, so excited I can hardly sit still, so terrified I can hardly decide whether to laugh or cry or scream (some more) - now, this is fandom for ya! It's not just butterflies and flowerbuds, this is seriously fear-ful matters of the most nail-biting kind! And maybe all the anticipation, all the begging, has actually helped? Maybe we needed to write so much, so often, so intendedly for them to realize it was indeed about time to bring back the one and only best-ever companion, and recreate the most adorable on-screen union in the whole of Time & Space? (Oh, and by the way, the number of reunion-fic's is going to skyrocket after this, just like the internet boards will explode, so beware!) If the myth about RTD's loyality to the Whovian community and David's background as a Who-fanatic are things to go by, I think it's fair to say we may keep our hopes up high. Although this situation creates a major problem, of course, known as risk of failure. Like I said; they'd better make it good, and have Stephen Moffatt pen it; they'd better make it so utterly brilliant we'll forget she even left, we'll be able to watch "Doomsday" with a sad smile, not an outburst of uncontrolled grief. Oh, heck, I'll bawl my eyes out anyway. Can't wait. Still, miracles do happen, and if the rumours are correct, then Captain Jack will make a comeback appearance as well; and if we get the three of them together, if we do get Rose/Ten/Jack as the new Team TARDIS, with merry old days and friendship and Cardiff coffee, then I'll be the luckiest fangirl in the whole damn world. So BBC: you make me happy, but you sure make me selective too. Crisis, wars or conflicts out there? Don't think so. All I care about is WHO. And all I want for Christmas is a proper, cute, no-problemo-whatsoever conclusion to the relationship between The Doctor and Rose! I want kissing, hugging, dancing and running! I want an overly romantic reunion, preferrably set to a Norwegian beach, somewhere outside Bergen - maybe they could even film it here??? now, that's a thought to die for! - with a more joyful soundtrack! I want a last smile and a twinkle in the eye, and most of all I need true, reciprocated LOVE! As in - "Weeee!!!" Likeso:

[Image: Billie & David at the TV quick awards - with statues! Me want more of this!! :) Courtesy of Getty Images (big thanks) and PhotoShopping Scara, all rights served.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Du burde bli mer kjent med de to der...sånn er det bare med den saken.

elgen said...

oi! det er fantastisk! eg gleder meg også. og det ville være helt fint for meg, hvis du ville gå rundt i korridoren (hvis eg ville bo på Fantoft :-()

James Diggs said...

here are only a very few ways they could make this work well and a whole lot more ways this could go wrong. I’m hoping for the best with Rose's return.

I wrote more thoughts about this on my blog too that you’re welcome to check out if you like.

Peace,

James