Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hereby defied - all directions!

(Inspired by entry posted below...meaning yesterday...meaning just a few minutes ago...)

"Uncut Diamond"
[Diamond in the rough cut/Simply Uncut]

I didn't get to achieve all that I had promised
Proved too hard, living up to expectations
Didn't fulfill what the world demanded of me
Couldn't adjust myself to all the regulations

See, I put aside, I never find the time to do
I've delayed all my life, it will be my demise
My focus fading into a blurry mist of indifference [ignorance]
Thoughts wander off from their designated place

A million lightyears away; I was so devoted, structured
Yet, I always failed at my attempts to get approved
I was assigned to produce so much, I was to prosper
But they made the outline of my destiny too crude

I should have kept it going for a while
Although I knew it couldn't last for very long
They put me in a box, they tried to close the lid
Before it even started, it was completely gone

No comments: