Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Shaken, stirred and everything in between. Alcohol in my blood. Yessir.

An introduction to popular terms in English course 122!! From me to you...darlings!

Near-rhymes. Or slant-rhymes. Clichés. (Fun!) Sentimental prose. Alliteration. Theft. (Haha!) Steady rhythm. Innovative poetry. (God knows I'm inventive...and even TOO creative sometimes!) Impressionists. Romanticism. Transcendentalism. (And if you think it's hard to spell, try explaining it...) Exaggerated use of hyphen. You could say hyphenated poetry, yes, as an hommage to Emily D.! No less! New structures. Lack of structure. Stream-of-consciousness. Stream of thoughts. Train of thought! Repetition. (Indeed.) Complements. Metaphors. Figurative writing. Pathetic references. (At least I've got insight...and dry sense of humour!) Puns. (Ref. "Doctor Who") Abstract writing. Concrete writing. Writing concrete! (Jonathan Edwards and the meditations...ugh.) Dreams. Everyday-prose. Dedications...

And - kissing you off! (Ok, that was Scissor Sisters.)

And - the result, then, of all my learning this semester...half of it, anyway...

"For my friends"
by Scaramouche, the po(t)et

I'd like to add a smiley ":)"
A smiley for my friends....
Precious favours, welcome presence
On whom this girl depends!

The sound of friendly laughter
such music in my ears
Memories of happy days
and stories one gladly hears

So - I send them my best
virtual hugs and interactive messages
Msn must siffice as substitute (for now!)
for the contact one heavily misses

See you later, folks! Missya!

No comments: