Monday, October 02, 2006

A little poetry...revised!

"Strange sensation"
by Scaramouche, the po(t)et

There's a strange sensation
in my trembling, aching heart
Rain of stones from asteroids
will tear its fragile walls apart

There's a creeping certainty
don't recognise where it is bound
With confidence, stretch out a hand
to touch transparent screens; no sound

I fear - no less
Try to suppress
The knowledge of my being here,
this great, black void of in-between

I cry, unless
I stay, confess
Can't hear no voices, anywhere
This world destroys all self-esteem

There's a truth in everything
but it is hard to find and still
I wander on, for understanding
it takes an unbearably strong will

I pray, to feel
Know it's unreal
We love clichés, but they can hurt
I sense no safety in the making

For all I choose
I seem to lose
We love to love, but it will hurt
The one that's left is left forsaken

No comments: