Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Tribute to The Magic Numbers

"This Light"
By Scaramouche the po(t)et

This light
burns for a broken heart
For words
my lips could barely utter
These bones
ache for the weight of a burden
For tears
and for knowing when it's over

This light
burns for the shoes I step into when I'm done
For slowly
walking away from the scene of the crime
Not turning
for I am fully aware of what I would see
Please let's
make it as easy as we possibly can, dear

This light
will burn for a broken heart
For a whisper
for the fingers reaching out
For a hand
which I couldn't hold again
For the nights
and days and months to come

This light
will burn for all the happiness
For the fun
for the ice-cream and coffee
My eyebrows
and other details you called sweet
Remembering
those magic times we spent as two

This light
I'll let it burn for you

No comments: