Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Art of Dancing

Experimenting with various rhyme patterns, this is my attempt to write "sensible bullshit". That being said, making bullshit sound more sensible has always been my goal. Here goes, a bit more Jerry Lee-inspired, Madonna-influenced (!) stanzas of poetry - not song this time! - no melody yet, anyway! - and I do hope my readers like it.

"Dancing Skills" - Comparison between gentlemen
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, and self-proclaimed Dancing Queen.
(Well, maybe not, but I do like Dancing and I am hopelessly devoted to Queen. So.)

I was unaware, as he approached, so don't go criticizing now
I know a shift's upsetting, but please baby, take it slow
I can't help being beautiful, in this my dancing dress
Apparently he thought so too, though he looked like a mess
Waltzed me onto the dancefloor, to an upbeat song
He seized such brutal hold of me, I found it best to move along
While I kept good appearances for show, he played a beast
His standard disappointing, and that's to say the least

Constant stomping on my toes and that's a habit
No real dancing partner ought be sticking to
So yeah, I might be dancing with another
But I'm always coming back to dance with you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leser jeg humor i og mellom linjene her...............ihvertfall satt jeg her og humret etterpå og kjente det bra at ikke alt er like vemodig alltid - det skal ikke være det.............