Friday, May 04, 2007

Another one on the Last King

Callous Criminal (at the Core) - dedicated to McAvoy and Whitaker
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, ever so amazed by great acting performances

I saw a Doctor lay his stethoscope aside
and raise his hands as though he, humbly,
felt the need to send apologies uphill
I saw a madman, wild and raving, yet with
childish fear and sullen unbelief, observe
the Doctor's journey - turn incautious
I saw the Doctor's coat, hung on the chair
the blood upon the terrace and the glasses
there were bottles filled with ruddy fluid
I saw the madman claim his throne and
wear his garments like a uniform of skins
the hallways emptied, he began to speak
I never saw a Doctor beg, nor did his tyrant
I saw them wave a silent hatred's last farewell
and never lift an arm, but to dictate, or pray
for one was cruel and one was blind
as one came all too late, one was devoid

No comments: