Friday, May 25, 2007

The Killer Queen Zone

2007. An important year.

...for, I've been a Queen-fan for 10 years. (Since the release of Queen Rocks in 1997). From the moment those drums started playing, I was sold. Lost. Stuck. And I didn't want to be anywhere else, with anyone different. Queen will naturally continue to be my favourite band for 10, 100, 10000 years to come. However long I may live, I'll keep them with me 'till I'm dead, and later - if I come to Heaven or wherever I end up - I'll definately be humming the songs there, as well, and maybe I've got some deceased heroes to sing along with me then? Freddie + Scara in a duet? That's be wicked! Moreover, I've been a fan of the song "Lemon Tree" for 10 years - at least, or is it even more? I can't recall, but it's been a while, and I still call it one of my absolute favourite songs of all time. And the other way around; it's been ten years since Gedeon Burkard dived into that lake and made his famous Kommissar Rex-entrance and made me an extremely devoted fan, slightly in despair that the whole affection has never lead to anything. In fact, that man got me started with my German courses 'cause I wanted to be able to speak with him in German when we met. And I wanted to understand what he was saying when he proposed. Oh, hell, I was nine and charmingly naïve. And indeed, it's his doing that I speak German today. Gedeon's to blame, hoho. The same thing goes for Brian May and Gerry, but that's quite another story. More on the anniversaries of this year; I've been reading Donald Duck and other Disney-comics for 10 years; I bought my first magazine at this time of the year back in '97. For this same period of time I've also managed to maintain my love for footballer Tore André Flo and the team he once played for, Bergen football club n. Similarly, over these years, my hatred for Spice Girls has only grown. I love our Doctor no. 10 (but despise Martha), though speaking of Queen - their tenth album sucks. Lol. But how could the "Flash Gordon"-soundtrack possibly be a success, considering the film for which it was written? Talking about lame source of inspiration. Fortunately, they gained knowledge, and made "A kind of magic" for Highlander, which is one of the best soundtracks ever written, and one of their best albums. Hooray. AND!! - last but not least, speaking of ten's: this June - a few days from now - marks the 10th month for me as an official Blogger! And much more importantly:

This is my 200th Blog Entry.

WOOOOHOOOO, CHAMPAGNE AND BALLOONS AND LOADS OF OTHER VIRTUAL STUFF TO CELEBRATE!!!

...and unfathomable as it may seem, it is indeed a fact. I've been on blogger since september 2006 and I've written 200 bloody posts. That's a wee bit amazing, isn't it? I've thorougly enjoyed this, and it really is a great place for sharing one's thoughts and ideas and - well - poetry. Much better than Facebook, lol. I've added a copyright-sign into the bargain too, now. Have a look, it's so cute! Up there, below the title. Very...professional. And for the first time ever, I thought I'd allow myself to be incredibly selfish and spend this entire post talking about myself only, without any sense of acting reflective or ironic or philsophic. Just brag and chat and talk nonsense - about me; that's one way of rewarding onself for the acheievement that is being a frequent, mass-producing blogger. Plus po(t)et. Sitting here, listening to Supetramp and Pink Floyd, the sun managing to slip a few of its half-warming beams through an opening between my two curtains, the room smells of BBQ spices and old coffee, I'm drinking fresh, cold water and I'm in serious want of some (more) chocolate. Everything's normal. Everything's as it usually is. Except, this shall be my first honest introduction concerning who I am and what I'm really like - and nothing else. No jokes, no rhymes. Or, maybe a few, but surely not on purpose. I'll let the subconscious take care of that part. And now, what do you remember about Scara? Say, you know my opinions, you know my political and religious views, you know I study English you know I'm mad about Gerard Butler. You know I adore Doctor Who and especially Series One. You know I hate ignorant critics and know-it-all's. Besserwisser. You know I prefer summer to winter, by miles, and that I eat too much sugary thingies. That I spend all my money on comic books, cinema tickets, CD's (I DO NOT DOWNLOAD! AT ALL!) and pocket books. And cookies and chocolates. You know I'm very absent-minded and easily distracted, that I loathe sociolinguistics, but love the literature-part of my studies. You know who I am. Kind of. I'm Scara, and it might not be my real name, and this might not have told you everything you'd like to know - but still, it's a start. I'll keep it going for a few posts to come, I guess. I've yet a little left to say. A lot, actually. Hope you'll still be with me then, as the journey goes on. And as for me? Well. You can call me Scaramouche. So long, and many happy returns.

No comments: