Monday, May 07, 2007

Student's Life

More on Scara's battles with the SocioLinguiShite (norsk: sosselingvistokkdum). Diddleedee. Well: you know your concentration has reached an absolute bottom level when you are contemplating ways in which to murder the authors of your sociolinguistics course-reading, instead of actually managing to read the bloody books. And when punching your fist into the wall in front of you, which in fact is quite painful, becomes a frequently used method to increase the level of mental presence, viz concentration, because your mind is constantly absent and unfocused and finds itself anywhere else, except where it's supposed to be, which is in a state of concern with the curriculum-related topics. So...I wrote a little verse:

"Facing upcoming exams"
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, student, and NOT the greatest fan of Melchers, Shaw and Janet Holmes. Bah.

Ah, the preparations! -
but I'm on autopilot now
I see the books, won't open
the words just won't make sense
the thoughts won't group
mind stays not still
and everything goes blurred, then

So ah, the exaltations! -
the refreshment out of reach
The rain is pouring, concentration?
but - it's never easy as it seems
the crisis near, oh heck, the fear!
mind stays a jumble;
everything goes wrong, pray no!

Ah, the sweet derailment
like this, and that, and coffee
temptations luring me to break
the rules of repetition, dicipline,
I long to face the freedom
mind is a boiling pot, and
everything turns off, then

And papers everywhere
I browse to be unchained from
panting, wishes, by a whiskers,
the duties and the slow release
this pressure of a once-performance!
I'm on page five and I'm not finished
yet I hear the bells may start to toll
to ring in all my incompletion, they
hurry on this striving student
and I sit, cursing, brooding, fighting,
absolution far ahead
perpetuation must continue, oh
give me strength, and grant me focus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kan du få denne ut til alle som strever med eksamen for tiden - og det er ganske mange - du kreative blogger .............

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, veldig bra!
Godt jeg ikke er den eneste som sliter med sosselingvistikken!
Lykke til med lesing! ;)