Sunday, July 08, 2007

And here's our man!

LIVE EARTH: I waited and waited and bored myself to death through seemingly ages of bands to whom I am essentially indifferent, including Beatie Boys - oh gross, just to get a glimpse of this one bloke. And guess what? They cut it! Msn and SVT2 bloody cut the whole seance! 1 o'clock in the morning, tired and furious, and I couldn't find the clip online either. BUT; this morning, I made another search, and there it was. And it was so unbelievably brilliant, it was worth the whole while of impatient waiting too. I just have to share it with the lot of you: hence, here comes The Doctor, as played by David Tennant, wearing a Lou Reed t-shirt, talking about global warming, joking about Chris Eccleston and Dan Radcliffe, shaking his booty (and all associated areas) and screaming his introductions into the microphone so to make sure that the back rows may also hear him quite clearly. After him came the Pussycat Dolls, but who cares. I finally got what I'd been full of expectations over and it sure lived up to the announcements. The Doctor's become all rock and roll, and David's the main star. Reminding me that next time I want a compère or a toastmaster, no wonder who I'm gonna call! The man knows how to win a crowd and make them (esp. the girls, lol) shout! Woohoo!

All rights probably served, etc etc, but first and foremost a treat to all fellow fans. And for the record, David was there with his Lady friend, our very own Reinette (Sophia Myles) and they looked adorable and cosy together, sitting in one of the V.I.P areas so casually cute as is humanly possible. The infamous Doctor Who-couple. Lovely!! ;) I enjoyed bits of the concert as well; Keane was actually quite good, Crowded House's Sydney-act was brill, KT Tunstall rocked New York and Eddie Izzard was a pleasant surprise. But I'm still a wee bit cranky that the broadcasters skipped our favourite Doctor. I wanted to see him on my telly, not only on YouTube. But I guess you have to sacrifice a little in life - and in the big scheme of things, this must have been a small price to pay! Cos I got to see him, and I love his style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Du m� f� oppdrag som film anmelder - vi ser Mr Brooks i morgen - og David Tennant er bare grei - s�nn er det med den saken.