Thursday, July 12, 2007

Insomnia, boloney-a (but slightly poetic)

Listmania. Amusing (?) and practical (ergo highly effective) ways to deprive oneself of the healthful, necessary and (usually) strictly recommended, restoring night-time activity (commonly) known as SLEEP. Think I've actually done something similar to this before. And just like back then, it's all about tiring myself. Tap-tap-keyboard. Please exhaust my struggling mind and aching body. But it doesn't really...work. Instead, I do. Continuously.

1. Packing/unpacking. Not experiencing travel fever, just planning. And, like I said, packing. Wherever, whenever, I'm leaving the next day. I always plan the night before. And the head just won't enter sleeping mode when full of practical problems to be addressed. And issues. I've got bloody issues in a lot of departments. Also related to the familiar "need for tidying up just because I don't want to wake up to a mess" and "cleaning the bathroom sink at two o-clock cos whilst brushing my teeth, I saw it was a bit dirty somewhere".

2. TV-series on DVD. So accessible, it's hard to describe. And not just DW. We've got House M.D., and everything else available through Dailymotion as well. Whey. Very...soporific, for someone with my amount of enthusiasm. Medically speaking, that is.

3. Blogging and brainstorming. Writes for itself. This is, what, yet another chatty babble-blogpost from the mind of the Queen Lady? Remarkable. Lol. Critics galore! I'm an easy, distracted target!

4. Dancing. Sudden urge to turn up the volume on the completely "wrong" music playing on my stereo; meaning discopop ála Sophie E-B, and the Sisters. Can't help this need to move around a bit, either, so now I've changed record and am listening to Snow Patrol which, again, has me all angsty, moody and soppy - which, third phase, leads me to:

5. Wandering down Memory (Shipping) Lane. Watching old fanvid's, reading old and melancholy fan-fiction, listening to tracks that signify a particular moment of my life or someone elses life or fate, which I've been observing and engaged in; in short doing things that makes me remember and recollect and associate and SOB. Very wise, my ass.

6. Midnight snacks. Well, past midnight to be accurate. Does anyone remember when Amy and Maxine got up and had ice cream in the middle of the night and discussed Amy's man-troubles? One of the few times of the day when the two women could actually manage a proper chat, surrounded by the peace and quietness of an otherwise sleeping house; and how much poesy and wisdom-wise came out of it. When I experience this kind of late hunger, I usually turn to (chocolate) sweets or (chocolate) muffins. Yummy, tummy, fatty, stuffed-y. Full of energy-increasing substances, doesn't calm me down at all. Tastes heavenly nice, though.

7. Coffee. Yeah, you heard me. Sudden lust for stain-black, oil-consistency liquid. Coffein is just great for insomniacs, isn't it? No? Hmmm, what could I possibly have been thinking! Being a bit ironic there, too. I love a late night movie, wave of inspiration or a round of slow dancemoves - and I need to stay awake! Ok, so I was trying to sleep but that didn't work. Coffee machine-puffing instead, and it doesn't sound like a lullaby. Unfortunately.

8. More effects: like tormenting my neighbours; humming, clicking my fingers, tapping along to the rhythm of "Chasing cars", world's finest rock ballad anthem right now, doing backing vocals, ooh-ing and aah-ing (and I learnt that term from reading "P.S. I love you", btw!) to the scenes from some...series, or phrases from songs, sighs of frustration when my computer's various programmes go all FAILING on me, a bit too loud that too - and, oh, the tapping from my above-mentioned keyboard is probably bound to disturb someone as well. It ain't easy, yo. Now I might want to give the pillow a try. Good night, and sleep like a croc. Which is yet another modification of the "seeyalater aligator"-theme. Scara attempts to bid farewell, for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Der bor nok mer AMY i deg enn du aner - hvis du er i tvil kan du lese denne gode teksten din en gang til for deg selv....og tenk hvor mye positivt som bodde i AMY.