Saturday, July 14, 2007

Re-discovering

...FUN! Something - not quite so serious. (Note: this was drafted on Saturday and finished Sunday evening, does anyone know how I can change the publishing date to correlate with my final editing?! Or is Blogger being a wee bit silly again?) A huge warning to all fangirl-critics; I realized I've got a reason to be proud. Many, in fact. And I do not intend to go about parading them on the quiet. Submission just ain't my thing. Thus:

"Fandom is my art" - poetry with a smile!
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, having recently re-discovered the Butler (and others) whom she...adores. Quite simply. And who obviously bring forward the need for some poetic undertakings! Also, a way of congratulating The Butler with all the awards he's won recently. And I repeat; Taurus stunt awards! MTV awards! Loads of hunky pic's of Gerry sweeping the carpets and winning the press and turning heads! Finally!! And we all go "weeeeee!!!!" He so deserves this. He's worked so hard over the years and been in so many, to be honest, crappy movies. But now, the tide has changed, and "300" earned him a spot on the star(ry) heavens, in addition to establishing (for good) his Phantom-initiated position amongst us fans. Sorry, fanatics. Admittedly. Appropriate soundtrack: "Rock me Amadeus", Falco. True eighties-girl too!

some times it sure takes a while
for me to really remember
that Scotsmen are always the finest
(that is; Tennant, Butler, McGregor, Scott, Connery etc. Addicted, me?!)
and when they sing they melt my heart
my knees go weak, my hands shiver
like a cliché jelly baby, offered by a gent
no wonder, my heart pounds
eyes go teary, much along with theirs
and I re-discover my affection
for those, like Gerry Butler
who continue to amaze me
and brighten up my fangirl days
I'd be nowhere, no-one, nothing
without the inspired self that I become
when I listen and I observe to aspire
and whilst others may reproach
call us devoted people obsessed and wrong
subjective to the maddest of madness' strikes
I shut my ears and choose to select
hear what makes me wanting to hear more
I'll love whatever makes me smile
and rejoice in how fandom is my art! ;)

**
And by the way! If you should dare not to respect our view - this great-looking, tough and rather fantastic guy will come and kick your ass:

['Cuz he can! GO GERRRY!! Image courtesy of the Butlergals, all rights served, and thanks!]

No comments: