Thursday, March 08, 2007

Falling cats & thunderstorms

"What we may and may not - be"
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, based on true events, as presented by the true facts' storyteller

There was a cat falling from the roof today
I don't know how, but it didn't die, it hardly got a scratch
Guess cats really have nine lives or somehow
hold on to life much stronger than the rest of us may

There was a lightning striking my block of flats today
I don't know how, but it didn't get any damage done at all,
guess buildings aren't so easily destroyed, they somehow
hold on to their silent stature, stronger than the bendy may

A firm and lonesome majesty of such unshaken pride
Could land upon its two feet, without a quivering stride
The rings of bubbles in the water go calm at the sight of you
The storms quiet down, yet none can tell what it is you do
Unaltered, facial features and a shield I want to breach
Still; suppose I'll never get it, since you resist to preach

There was a raindrop crushed in my palm today
I don't know when, the water vaporised too fast;
condensing weather, guess it's purely unavoidable,
but the damp remains, longer than the toughest may

No comments: