Friday, March 30, 2007

Respect & tactfullness -

on me and my ethical principles

CELEBRATING MY 150TH BLOG ENTRY!!!
Oh my God! Imagining I've been here that long...it's just wild...how quickly time passes when you're having fun! :)

**
SCARA GOES CONTROVERSIAL!
I had never thought my blog would actually come to cause any real controversy, but apparently, it now has...after writing and posting my little piece of "erotic" poetry, the reactions have been many and quite various! It seems that the poem of rare occurences, as I entitled it, sparked a sense of curiosity amongst those I am proud to call "my readers". Thus, it also seems a bit of thorough explanation might be appropriate. All true writers, as it were, usually need to clarify their works from time to time. And now it's my turn; a task I'll be happy to carry out!

Although; there really isn't that much to say...I stroll about this city in which I currently reside and I observe all thiese flirtatious, giddy people who are everywhere around, enjoying the lovely spring-atmosphere, the sunny weather and each another; in the parks, on the benches, in the city centre and outside the shops. I can't help getting inspired. It's a mixture, I guess, of being slightly jealous -since I myself don't have anyone to nibble and snog, hehe - and furthermore, because they're terribly cute when totally absorbed in own love and vigour. These lively young people...oh, my, I'm starting to sound like some old hag! But the poem was, anyhow, a dedication to everything sensuous and everyone sensual...and in fact, it was directed towards a MALE point of view...meaning that the speaker of the poem is a man, hence the phrases on cups and hatches. (Somewhat subtle sexuality there, yes.) And nope, it's not about me in particular, I'm not autobiographical on a constant basis, despite my tendency to include personal experiences and allusions in my writings....! Of course, anything I produce will be influenced by who I am and what my interests are, what kind of personality I behold, but that doesn't suggest I can't invoke a certain distance - though it IS hard. I'll admit to that.

Nevertheless, "Perfect Match" is about love - in general - like quite a few of my other poems. I relish diving into the theme of Genuine Love; nothing is more complex, in the way that it is beautiful and cruel and overpowering and freeing - simultaneously! And whether one writes from a female or a male perspective, one truth always stays the same: Love is all-important. Love is a universal issue; too mighty to be affected by concrete conflicts or human intricacies. This applies to devotion as well; proper, sincere devotedness to whatever in question - in my case, often fandom - triumphs over most trivialities and obstacles. Especially over trolls who think admiration is silly. How one structures one's existence, the everyday schedule, is strictly up to onself; and what spare time activities one wishes to be occuped with is a private matter, lest to say a matter of dignity. In short; how one wishes to lead one's life is a personal thing; it's about one's pride and rights. I must stress that there is nothing I like better than an intense and consuming discussion on topics I am wholeheartedly engaged in, and I have the greatest respect for others and their opinions, but exactly that is also what I crave in return; some understanding, and some respect. For our differences, and our possibility to still be united in friendship and exploration of contrary ideas.

No comments: