Friday, March 02, 2007

True Stories and Love Stories -

two poems in a row!

"Multicoloured dusk" - based on a true story! ;)
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, now also autobiographical...

My favourite place in all the world
is a wooden swing by a solitary lake
Watching sunsets from an old car tyre
moving slowly to and fro, for my sake

I'm no little girl in some playground
I'm a grown woman in a purple cloud
The ducklings squeak as they cross over
Glossy, dark blue carpet is their velvet road

Suspending gravity, a rubber edge against my back
Seems like I, too, could float easily away
The ground below is neither black nor white
It's a rainbow reflecting the ending of the day

Families pass me, when I relax and ponder there
Children; overly curious, they ramble way too much
While I can sit just quietly, criss-cross my legs, and face
The slowly turning clode, in its long-lasting nighttime-search

The mountains rise as high as the clouded sky
My favourite spot; and then there's me
The lamps will lit, some benches fill with couples
A story beautiful as only love stories can be

**

And something else, about...something else...

"The Departed" - but it's still another one about sunsets!
By Scaramouche the po(t)et, who tries to forget

The art of villainy is not plain acts of evil
An enemy could be your new confidante
Mon ami, of such an amiable kind, yet
Out of a window and into a sunset you ran

The art of keeping close may be the art
of keeping distance to a closer presence
Mon amour, of such a curious disposition
Out of a doorway and into the morning you ran

The art of dissipations isn't always all about
getting drunker than the drunkard self
Au plaisir, et le revoila, déja pour moi - nul revoir!
Out of sight, I had enough, long ahead of your departure

No comments: