Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Master and a King

More anatomy!
More nonsensical tralala!
More fancy words!
More about beating hearts and sore bodyparts!
More tender feelings!
More costumes!
More fandom!
And - more GERRY!


(This blog is turning into a fanzine. And I don't really mind.)

"Master G - controlled commotion" - ("controlled" my ass!)
May also be called "Response to Leonidas-poster in the hallway of Konsertpaleéet kino"
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, som gleder seg very much til "300" Spartanere i tangatruser! *Moahahaha!*

That is when it starts
The racing of my youngster heart
The fierceness of a blood-pump blithe
That sudden loss of breath...
The lump that forms deep down my throat

The legs will run! - the toes, even the toes! - cannot be still
The hands! - where shall I place my hands? - mobility impaired

This is what he does to me, my poster boy; thus flat as printed card-board tales, accessible as sun and moon, figuratively speaking - and, well, thanks to him I do that quite a lot, a frozen smile! - a lifted spear! - or covered by a pitch-black cloak! - disguised in masks, and yet his beauty quite unveiled - he makes my bodyparts malfunction, he stops the processes of nature - but other processes he starts - he breaks me down, and lifts me up, and despite immeasurable pain, I know that I won't have him stop;

How can it be? that I'm destroyed
When - it is no-one else, but he - who so consumes and fills up all
the space within this sheltered case which is my heart, and me -
Why is my man a playful brute
A solitary charmer, dude,
a brutal voice, so sinister, but filled with sympathetic calm
A singer, but a dancer not, unless he's got
a rightful partner, does him justice,
honouring the elegance he shows while smoking hot
A flowing mane, raw loverboy, or loosely trimmed - then sharp and short, but all the while he's sexy-sweet

He is a contradiction, he is one of the selected rare
who manage to be both sides of the same side or
both imprints of a silver coin
He is as light as darkness falls
As good as only bad can be
For his intrinsic doubleness makes him a mystic man
And merry as the day is long, then teary as the night comes down,
untroubled, wading sure about, emotional and caring too
And all in all and all-wise loved
by tarts and muses, formed alliance,
sisterhoods, and lonely wives

He is our hero, anyhow, and evermore, the man whose films
we wait for so impatiently, but happily, for we are fans
Of one great Scot named Gerard James, the Butler of our Lady Dreams

**
*FOOTNOTE:
I am a very openly devoted fan, but still my pompous recitations of said devotions should be taken with a pinch of salt...just like a grand(e) tequila! - and just to reassuringly ward off anyone who might be slightly concerned...But I truly love GB - of which I have no reasons to be anything but extremely proud. Rock on, Gerry!

No comments: