Saturday, March 15, 2008

Doctored Angst

Some new DW updates!

Be warned! This post contains major, massive spoilers for series four of Doctor Who - also including fangirl musings and squee - to such an extent that I shouldn't even have obtained the knowledge myself, far less explored it in writing. But, whatever, this truly seems amazing enough to make it necessary - and impossibly much so:

Okay, I'm just plain scared. Officially, absolutely, and unavoidibly scared. Yesterday emerged what are the crystal clear and vivid images of Billie Piper and David Tennant, back together again and reunited for an "emotional scene" during the final episodes of the new Doctor Who-series, currently under production in Cardiff. They are filming dramatic scenes with lots of guns and killings and running, but the news value of this has been somewhat disregarded; with the more attention paid to the potentially (well, certainly) heartwrenching rekindling of the Rose/Doctor connection and them eventually meeting up - for the first time since the events of "Doomsday" in series two. According to eavesdropping bloggers who were sneaking around the set, the two share an "intimate moment" after The Doctor is "shot down or something", and Billie's Rose is the first to come to his rescue. She then sits by his side and they cuddle and whisper some almost indistint words to each other, which the same eavedroppers made out to be "missed you" and "missed you too" but they weren't quite certain. Yeah, that helps. Most likely, he gets fatally wounded - adding to the speculation of David's departure leading to Ten's regeneration - and according to the lines picked up from the other dialogue sessions, he is taken back to the TARDIS by a severly worried Rose and she is helped by no other than John Barrowman in his Captain Jack attire, and of course Catherine Tate as Donna. I found myself dumbfounded, flabbergasted, and utterly shaky, if not very surprised, at the presented imagery. We have known for some time that the finale would be voluminous and over the top, with regard to both actors and plot, but this is even more than I had expected in my wildest imaginations. The überdramatic plottings taken to a whole new level, and it makes me slightly disturbed. The last three episodes will, allegedly, be packed with familiar faces ; old companions, friends and foes; including said Rose (obviously and hurray!), her family - Jackie and Mickey were also photographed on set, said Captain Jack with the Torchwood gang, Martha and her new Boyfriend (still nameless), Sarah Jane Smith, as seen on set, the Daleks and their creator Davros, the Sontarans, and more. Much more. I get exhausted from anxiousness, just by looking at this list. It will, no doubt, be overwhelming. And, as if this wasn't enough, there's the constant series four companion as played by the above-mentioned and gorgeous Catherine Tate (The Great!) - who has previously stated that she will accompany The Doctor for one series only, so there is naturally some question and speculation as to how the outcome of the final episodes may affect her and the character of Donna. Most fans, myself included, presume that she will die. A sad fate, but I hope and reckon she'll go down with an appropriate bang. An exit with proper style. Donna rocks, and I'll miss Catherine when she leaves, but her character doesn't hold the same sentimental value as Rose - and consequently her demise would be of a lesser shock. My greatest worry is what writer Russel T Davies has in mind for Billie; how he will solve the issue of her comeback and what he might dare do to the relationship between her and The Doctor (guh). I don't even want to make theories or presuppose anything here; all I can say is I won't survive another massive tragedy ending with tears and beaches. And I know I'm going to cry my eyes out anyway. I'm even more alarmed at the sight of David Tennant lying on the ground and pretending to be unconscious (again), with Rose bending over him with endless grief written all over her face. At least, we now have confirmation that they do meet, physically, and they get to have another chat. Which we need. Thing is, their reunion has been explored so many times and in so many ways by fan(girl)s - in fic, and vid's and picspams, and we all have our defined vision of how it should be; what they should say, and do, and how it must continue; how it should end. However they decide to portray this, some folks are going to walk away disappointed. And I just hope I won't be one of them. I want something happy, something...to further build upon, something that could last. And I don't want either of them to die! On the brighter side, though, there is the whole "old team revitalized" aspect; with The Doctor, Rose and Captain Jack getting back together again; for which I am happy beyond description. David, John and Billie saving the universe together - it's going to be utterly fantastic. I love these actors, more than I can possibly say, both in and beyond the Doctor Who arc. And I try to stick to these thoughts, rather than induldging in the sickening worries involving trauma, angst and discussions of unrequited romance, death, replacements, an 11th Doctor, etc etc; I don't want to make up my mind about so many conflicting issues all at once; I am already half dead from the overwhelmingly tiring speculations thus far. These diverse revelations are more of a background to new uncertainty (and insecurity, haha) than a clarifying piece of info. I need consolation now!

Moreover, my main problem is, I don't care so very much about the action, villains or the story spoilers - that's not what I'm looking for - hence I'm not concerned about the return of the Daleks, nor Sarah Jane, or Torchwood or Donna's mysterious past. I don't care if Martha must deal with further love affair troubles. I don't mind giant murderous wasps through the window, I am completely indifferent to all this because I instead keep gaping at the images of Billie and David cuddling in a deserted Cardiff streat, and that's all I can focus on at the moment. It thus becomes more of a distraction than possibly intended, and maybe not too fortunately so. I must try and focus on the uplifting ideas of alien planets and cool baddies. But, indeed, I allow myself to be a very very happy fangirl today, with oversized amounts of shipper joy - in addition to extreme enthusiasm for the upcoming series, mostly displayed in the form of fright and general, nailbiting nervousness. The producers can pat each others' backs with sole content; for they sure know how to keep us interested, if in particular parts of the concept only. I choose my predilections with careful fan intent. And so: they'd better not ruin this. My new mantra. Although, it doesn't look to bad overall! Here are the pics of proof:

[Image: Billie Piper and David Tennant "share an intimate moment on set" - and make me sound like a bloody tabloid paper. Fangirl angst. I'm crying already!]

[Image: which makes me squeeee!!! out loud. These are, from left to right, no other than Billie Piper, Catherine Tate, John Barrowman and David Tennant - four of my favourite actors in the whole world and the best people ever to have been on Doctor Who - and they're together! I can't wait for the scenes!]

CREDIT: THE BRILLIANT PLANET GALLIFREY HERE AT BLOGGER - WHERE THE REST OF THE IMAGES CAN BE FOUND. THANK YOU SO MUCH, FELLOW BLOGWRITERS! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schön das einige Bekannte wieder zusammen treffen werden.

Ich wünsch mir auch ein schönes Ende für Rose und IHREN Doktor!!!

Anonymous said...

Schön das einige Bekannte wieder zusammen treffen werden.

Ich wünsch mir auch ein schönes Ende für Rose und IHREN Doktor!!!

Anonymous said...

Billie and David are the best things that ever happened 2 Dr Who.

ROSE 'n DOCTOR 4 EVAAA!!!