Sunday, April 29, 2007

Junkie's Jewels - pride and shame

There are many kinds of addictions to indulge in. Or rather be overpowered by. Give oneself away to. I know quite a few myself. I am addicted, also, to a number of different things. Fortunately, none of them are neither toxic nor inescapable. That being said, however, any addiction may turn destructive. This is a response-poem to such cruel forces of nature, and it does NOT necessarily work in a literal sense only; thus, it may carry figurative meanings and some of these hidden, underlying and more subconscious themes which I like - a lot. Bah. You can confuse people with ten thousand variants of a truth, it still doesn't change the fact that it's truthful. Now, enjoy.

"The Addict"
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, forced by nature and on majestic poetry's service.

I poured another drink
to shut the cell doors
and forget about too much, too soon
better is the stronger smell
the stinging sip may paralyze
and burn me, leaving inward scars

where is the rope
or the magical thinking
an ensemble performing their fabulous tricks
never was a cunning showman
more of a coward escapist than what
could be proved by a clown like myself

No comments: