Thursday, April 12, 2007

Merge...mess...masses...EVERYONE!

Sometimes, you have to do certain things...if only to breathe more easily...so who should I hit? Anyone. Besides, I take no pleasure in taking a life if it's from a person who doesn't care about it. No discussions.

Mathilda: I don't wanna lose you, Léon!
Léon: You're not going to lose me. You've given me a taste for life. I wanna be happy. Sleep in a bed, have roots. And you'll never be alone again, Mathilda. Please, go now, baby, go. Calm down, go now, go.


...when everything comes together, accidentially, like when the official homepage of The Best Band in the World, Queen, writes about the Sky at Night-programme in which guitarist Brian May featured alongside the brilliant and highly acknowledged Sir Patrick Moore and the young and very creative Chris Lintott, both fellow book-writers on the BANG! project, and the programme is referred to only as "The Sky at Night: Time Lord feat. Brian May", and it is revealed that Patrick Moore is able to speak pidgin French, which I am fortunate to know what sounds like due to my English studies; furthermore, earlier guests to appear in the show are mentioned, like Buzz Aldrin, and Mr. Moore embarks on a "travel" in the specific jubilee-edition of Sky at Night to Mars to meet Brian May, hear him play his old and now dusty guitar, and maybe they'll meet The Doctor too, since Catherine Tate asked him in her Red Nose-day sketch if he'd just pitched down from exactly there, Mars, and then she asked him if he'd gone and left his TARDIS by the metre or something, but that's another story - bing bing, I ain't bovvered, and the like - and she did ask him a couple of times in "Runaway Bride" if he WAS from Mars, too, before she learnt that he was actually from a completely different planet called Gallifrey, plus, in Episode 4 of Series One, where Chris Eccleston's Doc asks Billie Piper's Rose who's the biggest alien expert of the lot...then she replies; Patrick Moore. Like that. Everything follows its own tale, in a circle, and that's why we circle around and destiny proceeds accordingly. And MIKA, lovely darling MIKA, recently went to Germany, where he was quoted declaring that; "I get a lot of comparisons to Freddie Mercury and I admire his voice so much, his songwriting, his intense musicianship. As long as nobody... I am not intending to grow a mustache. I am not doing a whole QUEEN revival thing. I am me!" Yep. Exactly.

Mathilda: In my stomach. It's all warm. I always had a knot there and now... it's gone.

I've been watching "Léon, the Professional: Deluxe Edition" the entire evening, neglecting the sshool work I should have finished, and instead finally getting to see all the deleted and/or left-out scenes which I to this day had only heard about. Complete and unabridged; a whole new experience. It was magnificent. "Amaaaazing". And I've yet to see anyone deliver a better Madonna-impersonation. Go Natalie! Right now; listening to Supertramp's "Don't leave me now" and telling myself how I adore hitman-movies and how most of my favourite movies in fact deal with a hitman's ethical or non-ethical issues; a whatever-circumstances-surrounds-an-assasination-set of problems. Léon. The Bride. Harmonica. Marve. Vincent Vega. Vic Vega, for that matter. Xenia Onatop. Thelma & Louise. Clint Eastwood's silent, squinting, nameless solver of problems. Robert DeNiro is in a league of his own. And then you have Gary Oldman's bad guys; both the Léon and True Romance-characters included. Does Han Solo qualify? Probably. Being lousy was never an obstacle, as long as one keeps one's cold and stay charmant. I love them all, regardless, the list is long. I love any hero who doesn't pose to be a hero, but leaves it for the audience to decide. A hero who jumps into his or her car or takes a bullet, in order to dive into the sunset, the very next minute, and not stand trial, not face the consequences. Only leave a mysterious mark and a credit he or she won't ever be deprived of. The run of the mill might not be radically turned, but there's a new and brighter star shining somewhere high above, right? Justify my crimes with my blood; I suppose that's one way to look at it. Just like anthem-songs, heavy rock ballads, and Queen. They are hard to judge, hard to attack, hard to disapprove of. Easy to love.

Mathilda: I want love or death. That's it.

I don't know if I'm the one who's being creepy, or if it's just the world. And that might be kinda scary too. But, still.

Mathilda: I think we'll be OK here, Léon.

No comments: