Monday, April 09, 2007

just...words

I don't even know what this is.
But it was an idea. And it's about passion, I guess. Eternal devotion. (Heard that one before...!)

It's a massive love poem; trying to squeeze everything obligatory, traditional, non-ommitable, essential and universally valid into one, single piece of writing. Or the like. That's pretty ambitious, I know, but at least I tried.

"Words/I hurt my soul"
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, frightened almost to death at the prospect of turning into Max Martin. I swear, I won't.

who was I ever
and who would I have been
without you
there was nothing before,
only pieces
that wouldn't fit
moulding them together
but they broke apart
I cut my hands

what was I, ever,
and what could I have become
without you
there'll be nothing after
only treasures
that won't disappear
keeping all together
still it's torn apart
I bit my nails

**
words are gentle
and too short
they don't do justice
convey not truth

words are simple
unlike humans
they don't describe, properly,
what's felt

so I'll use no more words
and I'll write no more songs
that's a promise, but I could never stick to it
there are no options, but to employ the insufficient
and try making sense of what one can't conceive
otherwise, life is meaningsless
and what's meaningless can't get any worse

so I'll make beauty of words
and I'll make tributes of songs
that's a promise, swear I'll stick to it
there are no other options, but to cherish the insufficient
and try making sense of anything one might perceive
otherwise, life is pointless
and what's pointless should always be given a point

**
when was I ever here
to listen, or to be listened to
no-one
and I'm speechless, facing empty corridors
soapboxes left deserted
when was I ever there
to listen, or be listened to
by you
to animate, or exterminate
processing images

add meaning to the simplest things
put everything together
unified, assembled, scattered easier than blinks
but beside the anger, there are no wonders
apart from the wonders, there is just care

thus, I keep hurting my soul
for you
and I'll always give life to my words
for you

No comments: