Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Star Wars: Passion and Poetry



"Overdone it" -
on things that can't be redone and reversed...

(For Anakin and Amidala)
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, and #1 SW-fan...based on the "So love has blinded you?!"-scene and the "two sunsets"-scene from Episode 3. Beautiful indeed, although a bit silly. But then again, Love often is.

You are so beautiful, my love,
Blinding the man who looked into the sun
when you comb your hair and dress in silk
when you cry in fear or weep in response
when you lay your head on my shoulder
all the silliest of silly things; aren't silly to me

You are so beautiful, my love,
Blinding everyone within reach of your presence
when you curl your hair and dress up, prom
when you smile in relief or grin in obstinacy
when you lay your trust in my solace
all the funniest of funny things; aren't just funny to me

You'll stay so beautiful, my love,
Blinding universes even when we're far beyond
when you unfold your hair and then undress
when you laugh at me, or laugh with me
when you lay your love at my disposal
all the bravest of braver things; aren't brave enough for me

No comments: