Monday, August 13, 2007

Buzzzz goes my brain

As promised, but not entirely, this is rather about waking up, not failing to fall asleep. Maybe it's a really, really bad sign; 'cos I actually skipped the sleeping-part. Inspired by that song in Shrek 2, after which Shrek discovers Fiona's dirty diary secrets and Puss in Boots come to kill. Right, the song. This is about who I am when I wake up and step into the bathroom and whose face is staring back at me from the mirror. Lovely looks, yeah right. Only Angelina Jolie could possibly "rise and shine", from a bungalow bed in somewhere-far-away, meeting Brad Pitt by the window sill and sharing a passionate morning greeting kiss. Mhm. As in, retouched more or less. With a big, envious grin from someone who thinks "Mr and Mrs Smith" was polished beyond belief. Fumingly furious afterwards, but quite a bit amazed as well. The chemistry, folks, and the morning-after fun. Rise from bed and appear fantastic. It's all fake, isn't it just, but it doesn't keep me from lapsing into admirablia. Here goes;

"Preparatory affliction" - the ordeal of obtaning exhaustion
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, in ways of ironic wondering. And trying to make myself bloody tired, at last.

I need some sleep to feed subsequent days
the who I am when clocks strike nine
or earlier, come morning, brew the waking
revitalizing peering through a breach
before perceptive channels opened
allow me to be seen and see
to fix myself into my other, present life
of being there and rising from a den
I need some sleep up to I'll sleep again

No comments: