Friday, August 31, 2007

Notification. Butler-wise.

[P.S., and by the way: I was asked that specific, infamous, unbearable question today as well. Correct, yes, indeed, unfathomably true. THAT one question, regarding the idenitity of a certain hunky, utterly brilliant Scotsman, as featured in a picture on the inside of my wallet. And, pray tell, what kind of movies might he have starred in? Never seen him before in my life, yeah, and never heard of Frank Miller either - for that matter. As for myself, in all my restrained aggression, I have had the pleasure of re-reading some old posts lately, and it seems it's not the first time this has happened to me. Every single instance just as awful, though. Been recalling a couple of occasions, and that sure is a couple too many. His name is Gerry. Gerard James Butler. Born on the 13th of November. Thought he'd be famous enough for that to be obvious now. Action hero of the year, for Christ's sake! And after all, he's (beyond) Hot, he's a(n adorable) Scot, and he's NOT my boyfriend - although I'd very much like him to be, and I am incredibly pleased someone would actually believe so. Still, can't forgive them for not realizing that he's - of course - The Butler, the one and only, and he's too goddamn gorgeous for anyone else - ever again - to inquire who he could possibly be. They're laughing at poor fangirl Scara for carrying his picture around with her, too. Bad people. Go get them, Leonidas, and kick some Raoul-ass while you're at it. Luvya, GB - always have, always will! Ignorant sceptics suck!!]

"Brilliant as Butler" - gimme shelter from the helter skelter fools.
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, and supporter of The Butler Communion for increased information and important Enlightenment in Darker Times. And other things I like. Cheering for them and getting little understanding in return. Respect the likings, that's the morale. Ever-so-present ideal. Perfect world and all. And so forth. Allowed to try and dream and hope, yes? (With thanks to Paul McC. And Gerry, of course.)

Why should I mind if all the people 'round me tend to stare
Whichever way I turn, I got a Gerry on my back taking care
Although, I admit, slightly imaginary as a pal
Knowing he is somwhere out there sure is swell
Why should I bother listening to what the tiresome critics say
If I had got no Gerry close by, life would've been so gray
Don't need to pop the light red pills to get my daily joy
Instead, I'll watch a movie with my favourite actor boy
And whilst the others get their kicks from good ol'fashioned rock
A blissfull Butler's happy smile puts me in state of shock

Tease me if you like, and sure feel tempted
to make a dumb remark
Should I return the favour, disregard you,
name you a proper clart?
Or leniently be dismissed, retreat
to hear him sing again
Regain some strength from Voice of Gods,
the joker none can tame
Shining on my spirit, lightning up my day,
with ever-present fascination
Ignore the foolish besserwissers,
staying faithful to the truest passion

Might want to hide your enthusiasm;
induldge in other, more important things
you've got yours, I've got my guy, whatever suits the fan
Might be able to suppress your inner admirer,
and disguise your real identity
at least there's one unlucky bastard in this world who can

I could tell you every part of what I love,
and all the crazy trivia I know about him
Describe the sheer impressiveness,
it's likely you would find me dim
Every time I go amazed or completely nutters
My brain goes tipsy and my vocal stutters
You'll find yourself in control and watching from afar
Whilst I, myself, find your attitude being below par
Protecting oneself from the universe of intense,
absorbing fandom never saved a soul
Living every moment like it's the last,
along with someone Scottish, that's my goal
So when or if you feel the need,
just ask and I'll (be happy to!) reply
He's Gerry B, the one and only,
now you too (should!) know why!

No comments: