Thursday, August 09, 2007

Fair ladies and the song circus

Another one of them late days. Scara's been listening to Barbra Streisand and hence tried to write a bit of a song. A long one, too. How well I reckon it went, I shan't begin to elaborate on, but I find the rhyme and rhythm-patterns relievingly more decent then the ones represented further below. Better...flow. I suppose. Now it's up to whoever might be interested, to create a melody that could go along. And fit. Let me know if there are any bright ideas to be found out in the world. And, must say, I have a thing for the traditional these days - or so it would seem.

"Inside" - an attempt to be Barbra, not better. Thanks to Mr. Gibb. Written as an hommage to the brilliantly beautiful "The love inside" from Guilty. Love my old time classics. On LP, of course.
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et; I'd be a very fair lady of thine, anytime. Colour codes - Black: verse Blue: bridge Green: chorus

did you notice how I was / when I was good / and was I ever good / to you / did you sense when I was / truly I was / bad / you always deemed me bad / to you / did I give you mine, and / with my heart / I could / did I give you all I ever could / did I make too many promises / or oftener amends / did I break / I kept too much inside / was I keeping all // it's gone too far / and you won't wait that long / but let me, oh please let me / ask, of hollowness, of meaninglessness / made meaningful / let me give some meaning without plea / I never got it, me // did you see the way I was / when I was down / and was I ever further down / (an art to be below you) / did you tell me when I came / eventually I must've come / you always claimed I went / and went too late / did I look for you or did I call / don't tell me I forgot nor to forget / I wouldn't have forgot to call / I won't be outside longing / for a hopelessness' initiative / my turn to speak now / (how I) / my turn to listen listen, so // why, it's gone too far / you won't be waiting any longer / for somebody else to be me / wouldn't you wait, though / restlessness becomes the patienceless / let me make you rest / I never get it, me // I hold the line now / expectations / was it repercussions / you'd left / or was it bolder / to beat me with your tongue / instead to kiss me with your hands / and save me from my agonizing / contest / never giving, never winning / questions only asked / without no answers to preserve / save, my love / take away the unanswered / emptiness of quiet / quilt, I'm getting it now / yeah / I finally got it, me /// so did I turn / did I go back inside / were the curtains drawn / did I run, return / or simply satifsfy my lust / to find some revelation / to my inquired quest / did I find, did I / did I get through to true / did I finally get / even / did I get to find /

No comments: