Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy days

SLIGHT EDIT, AFTER HAVING READ ALL OF BRIAN'S BLOG THIS EVENING: Friday, August 17th, as quoted: "Cheers, and special love to all who are labouring as students!" Brian May, you are a star. Truly. And you can't possibly imagine how much small greetings like that mean to us studying Fan(atic)s. Hope you know, though! You may be happy you "sure have good friends" cheering for you and your work, but please bear in mind how you and your work function as a dear friend to us as well. Lots of love, from Scara the Queen Lady.

Furthermore, I'm actually both celebrating Brian's victory today and honouring his great contribution to (rock) history - first and foremost, by playing "Another World" so loud on my stero, the rest of the building is bound to understand (willingly or not) the sheer talent and brilliance of my favourite rock'n'roller. Second, by recalling happy memories and doodling around, finding the ultimate Brian-fangirl image featuring myself:

Pictured, left, some years ago (yet with almost the same hairdo, haha) in the official "Queen-room" located in the home of Queen fanclub leader Helmut, you can see Scara holding a special edition Brian May album so rare she barely dared to touch it (apparently), and yes - as proved evident by the extremely pleased, more or less dreamy look on my face - the shelves behind me are stacked with rare Queen albums and solo work. Guess who went through each and every one of them, reading through at the booklets and - er - looking at the pictures. Managed not to drool AND put them back afterwards! Still, I've never been that close to committing burglary ever before or ever again in my life. Especially mean, considering that Helmut is such a dear friend. I spent an entire evening in that room, going through every piece of Queen-related stash and rarities and finery the man has stored. And yes, he does own a small replica toy-thing of the original Red Special. With strings and all. And I held it in my hand. Gaaaaah. I'm still not registered in the German Police Records, though, believe it or not. On the other hand, I did buy a whole bunch of records from Helmut, including my very special "Too much love will kill you"-single CD, which I've hidden away someplace safe, a "Last Horizon" über-limited edition pop-up-cover single-disc with a cardboard silhouette of Brian, and moreover, I shopped a couple of keychains to constantly be able to show the world a sign of my greatest affection. Plus...I guess I bought some more stuff. Loads of other stuff. Expensive trip. Cost me more than the plain tickets and the hotel all together. But it was more than worth it. In additon, this evening took place after Helmut had taken us to my first Queen-concert (ever!) and given me the opportunity to see Brian live for the first time in my lfie! With Roger! Plus Paul Rodgers, and a whole widescreen of nostalgic recollections from the Queen-history. Needless to say, that was quite an experience. I screamed and I sang and I cried and I think I've mentioned it before. (Result, however: never used the keychains, nor have I used the T-shirts from the gig, I'm so attached to them and afraid they may get spoilt or dirty or lost or broken, I've hidden them away as well. But at least I know they're safe and not lost is some goddamn parallell universe. Hate parallell universes.) Anyways, I had a great time in Hamburg and I can surely post some pictures from that concert sometime soon, too. Believe I've even made a wallpaper with pic's from that event. Love my crush on Queen. Love Queen in general, in fact. But most of all, I love the hero behind "The Hero". Lol. That is, MY hero Brian May. The poet, the visionary, the astronomer. The musician, the ingenieur, the author. The professor, the critic, the guitar-builder, the philosopher, the clog-wearer, the actor, the casting director, the producer, the film-lover, the GENIUS. And more. Now, also proclaimed Doctor. Can't possibly be better than that!

[Image by a slightly terrified Dad. Photoshopped in a hurry by ever-so-non-criminal Scara. All rights served within the family.]

No comments: