Saturday, August 11, 2007

Random ramblings

Just a little...rambling, really. Text to be updated, later on, and more to be added - if found necessary. As for now, this will suffice. Scara's trying hard to be busy, but writing anyhow.

Doctor news: Although I'm a bit sad (well, depressed, more accurately) that we don't get to enjoy what would have been the ultimate Doctor Who-pairing (Ten/Jack/Rose) in series four, I still rejoice in the prospects of Catherine Tate's long-awaited, now-official, imminent return to the show. The fabulous comedian and her charater, the bovvered bride Donna Noble, has been announced to feature as the Doctor's companion throughout the entire, upcoming season and I am indeed VERY happy about it! Love Donna! Here's the first, lovely promopic - sole property of Da Courteous Beeb: Donna and The Doc - outside the Time Traveller's Time Travelling home - and allow me to say how gorgeous D.T. looks, wearing that good old suit again. Back to brown and ban the blue! Apparently, the new series will be even more spectacular and show off more prominent, legendary guest-stars than ever before. (Heard that before, too, haven't we!) I look forward to seeing David reprising his role for the 3rd time (hurray!), crossing my fingers that the (ever so rumoured) reintroduced Davros may prove a greater succes than those evolutionary Daleks of his, and yes, I still keep some tiny, dingling hopes that Billie might change her mind and make a (even if rather small) Remember Rose-appearance. Pretty-pretty please...? Might I tempt (and convince? yes?) mister Executive Producer and Head of Who, Russel T. Davies, with a bit of poesy:

Some friends come and some friends go,
some are turned into a foe
Sometime, let's hope, returned to start
cos new beginnings are a lark


Moreover, by the by-way, a fun fact on a rainy day: I just found out - through an article on dt.net -that the Doctor and I have a favourite play in common; we share a special fondness for "The glass menagerie" by Tennessee Williams! Whey! I've mentioned this play on several occasions, both here on the blog and in other situation, simply because I try to promote it as often as I can, seeing that it is so amazing - Laura is my favourite-ever charater (in a play) - and I've been fortunate enough to attend TWO magic renditions of it at the Norwegian national theatre. The peformances were absolutely fantastic and so was the production, on the whole. Memorable, and nice to know I've got DT with me on it. Scots tend to have a good taste, lol.

Domestic news: Furthermore, Scara is quite lucky to be celebrating her birthday this weekend, having already received the überperfect gift: the coolest bracelet EVER, which could have been designed especially for me. Looks completely awesome. Black, with nailer-plates and a pink Queen-logo! Leather-crafted and quite huge - sure to make a striking appearance, when placed on my wrist. Will be a nice and self-defining piece to wear. Suits my new, attempted rock'n'roll figure as well! Rock chic all the way! Did also get a couple of other, wonderful birthday presents, such as a collection of Gerry Butler-DVD's, including a pre-order of "300", and two Queens of the Stone Age-albums. And a couple of books. All these little, fine things I wanted. Plus, and most importantly, that nerdy wish for an extra, external hard drive was granted - with an additional USB 2.0 connector to go along. Computer girl-fun! My wonderful, beloved family is always so generous and I hold any gift they offer me extremely dear. They read my blog, too, so now they're bound to know! :) Soon to be leaving home, though, if not on a jet plane, I anticipate the upcoming back to school-session with a mixture of anxious frustration and nervous joy. Traditionally different, never boring, but something of a massive challenge.

No comments: