Monday, September 24, 2007

Fangirl's Art School

Doo-wop-a-loo-loo. Soundtrack: Snow Patrol, Archive, Goldfrapp & Dead Can Dance. Extremely healthy and utterly edifying post-apocalypse (also known as doomsday) music. Has become totally hooked on PhotoShop, and therefore spent a ridiculuous number of hours practising my graphic designer skills with varying success - however resulting in a some rather neat fan-art I feel compelled to present for the extensive public display. These are raw banners, aka basics, which means that the layout as such is finished but I might add extra elements at a later stage. Text and Daleks and stuff. Ergo, they might undergo further editing! Probably needed, too, some will argue. Anyways, I regard myself justified of saying that I am indeed quite pleased with my latest 'achievements'. Pretty wee thingies, as they are. And PhotoShop is such incredible fun, especially when I am capable of a little more fancy effects and advanced functions. Have learnt to use the transparency and blending techniques, as you can all tell by the backgrounds as shown below, but the most fun effects of them all still remain the blending options, and the infamous 'outer glow'. Nicey-nice! Moreover, have also got a lot of soppy eyes-tendencies from creating "parting of the ways"-themes and coming up with heart-breaking taglines. Sniff. This is yet another dedication to the ultimate shipping couple, who now reside in various, more or less manipulated, extremely sentimental and please reunite for fuck's sake!-symbolizing mock up-desktops throughout the universe of fandom, my own included. Thanks to the Beeb for breaking our common hearts, providing us with enough reasons to keep living on this enthusiasm for years on. I rest my brush and dry my eyes and turn up the volume on Snow Patrol's "Run" - once again.

Banner I: "Radiant a vision, before my silken eyes"



Banner II: "Keep looking towards those stars..."

Hope you enjoyed the art; comments most appreciated, as are ideas for further changes. If anyone should possess some good PhotoShop advice, I'd be very grateful to hear that too. Please respect the copyrights and do not steal others' works for your own entertainment or reproduction's sake, blah blah blah, you know the rules, at least don't save and post without crediting. Follow my excellent example instead, haha - always so law abiding - as I hereby credit: Digital Expressionism for textures and Time and Space for characters, plus some of my own making. Thanks a bunch to these brilliant sources, and I really hope they don't mind my borrowing their imagery. Employed for private, non-commcercial use only, and not with any exploitative thoughts in mind! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kjempefine er de..