Sunday, September 09, 2007

Never Too Much Love

A bit late, but certainly not forgotten: R.I.P Luciano Pavarotti! It feels so strange that he's gone. To me, he was always a steady, seemingly everlasting musical force of legendary proportions -one of the greatest, a true master, of his genre. Someone to admire and forever remember. To honour his memory, properly, here is a clip that's become very popular online these days, showing this late, tremendous vocal magician together with some, eh, quite familiar faces. At the Pavarotti + friends concert a couple of years ago. Do notice all the banners in the audience. The screaming. Moreover, I don't think I've ever heard better singing from the composer himself. Just marvellous! Plus, they included the rock-part that's usually found on the live album only. The guitar solo, oh impossible beauty, and a very nice purple suit too. Take a close look at the drummer dressed in white, as well. Utter brilliance - from everyone involved. It apparently exists on an album as well, which I don't own but now consider buying. A moment to linger in the common consciousness; this is in my opinion the most appropriate way to show my respects for such a superb artist. Enjoy - and God speed, Luciano! You will be missed!

And thanks to Bri, for the link!

No comments: