Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Uncommon interests

(cos they're mine! my precious!)

Wow. One post every day for ten days in a row. "That must be a record or somethin'." Chain broken and spoiled now, anyway, but I still find it a bit impressive. Especially since I didn't even notice. Guess I'm having lots of other things on my mind. As always. Not bad, not stressful, not troubling me. However, I have all these plans to remember, courses to attend, other appointments I can't ignore, deadlines to obey, etcetera etcetera. Maybe I make too much out of it, I wonder, maybe I need to chill out a bit more and just go with the flow. Working hard often leads to hardly working. The results becoming a related consequence. I'm pretty good at that, when it comes to dealing with myself and my own theoretic ramblings only. My own agenda, I can handle. Hence, whatever's going on inside my head - of a private, personal manner - is never ever in order, nor is it designed, or following a strict schedule. This is also why I don't drive. My thoughts keep drifting off and inhabiting other, unforseen places. Whenever they find it appropriate, which doesn't necessarily mean my surroundings approve. I, on the other hand, simply stroll along; trying to keep up with my flimsy, funny, fleeting ideas. Sometimes I don't manage, and that's when I tend to seem a bit distant; in the sense of being physically, yet not at all mentally present in a particular situation. Or conflict. Just taking off, leaving my position and entering another dimension. Existence. Whatever, and not hardly as exciting as I might make it sound. At least, now you know. Nicey-nice, and don't think twice. Never think before you speak, and if others tell you to shut up - tell them back. Leave. And smile. Life is too short for having to restrain oneself, in my intendedly honest, supposedly outspoken, very unconcerned, and quite imperfect opinion. So on and so forth. And with regard to other random views on life and living it, in general: I pity Britney Spears. A lot. So embarassing, so sad, the whole, obnoxious incident hit me in my guts and has stayed there since as an unpleasant reminder of how awful the showbiz can be to its former überstars. Am thus gonna try and protect my own safe- and sanity by not reading online gossip for the next couple of days. (Promises promises, not gonna happen.) I pity folks such as Amy Winehouse, too, although her I don't even like that much. What I DO like is to go for a walk in sudden, sunshiny weather and jump along the lakeshore in a wee, tiny tee, watching the variety of happy citizens and cute, little families who all got the same urge when they discovered the summer atmosphere had returned, if only for a short glimpse. (It's over now. Cold, rainy and windy today.) We're very talented at seizing the fair weather moments over here, and making the outmost of them. Constantly. Moreover; to have coffee mocca at a cosy local pub, with friends, to throw "kitchen parties", together with mostly the same people, to watch the evenings getting darker, the city lights getting brighter, and snuggle up in bed with a hot pot of tea and something sweet. Sugary. Full of "unhealthy ingredients" I really shouldn't be worrying about. One of my favourite restaurants in Oslo put a phrase at the bottom of their menu, saying "Calories are for eating, not counting." Consent thereto indeed. As should one solely give way to constructive thoughts. And bar destructive nonsense out. Babble-y silliness is quite amusing, though. Here's a bit of poetry that I've been writing on all week, actually:

"MissUs" - for someone gone, but not for that long
By Scaramouche, the po(t)et, missing and recalling, proposing a draft of sorts.

within my memories' keep you must stay
every impression like a slow motion tape
I'll have another moment left to cherish now and then
whenever I may find the need to listen

different winds blowing on our worldly corners
sweeping recollections' dust off of my feet
mixing imaginary constellations with the truth
I revel in your smile like to a camera lens

moving slowly about, turn to your face out of focus
swaying wandering against the distance more and more
'till it won't get any further you come near
frame the tiny characteristics even blinded eyes can see

to wink at me and wave a hand or pose a frown
running through the tunnels of my secret chambers
don't know if oceans far apart would matter less
no concept of our directions or how I'd travel there

so I let you be a vague recurring thought
communicating via shaky channels give no reasons
you're a blurred image on most limited a scale
just big enough for finding comfort filling up my heart

No comments: